Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So, was that Easter bunny or snow bunny?

I imagine this is the face the Easter bunny is making right about now...

The lil' guy is sad. I would assume this is for several reasons.

First, large as his feet may be, he's still going to have to drag out his skis to make his Utah deliveries. Our yard now contains a very solid 6" of snow, not counting what's still in the air. Perhaps I can loan the poor bunny my ear warmer and mittens.

Second, he would have to battle other wildlife to get to our house. This morning at 5:30 we were introduced to our neighborhood raccoons. They were literally tapping ON our bedroom window. Two of them had decided to camp out on our windowsill. My response to this was to go and find Crush and put him on the windowsill from our side so he could say hello. And indeed he did! He was quite sassy with them, actually. Maybe he didn't realize that the raccoons were about twice his size and had him outnumbered 2 to 1. I think being the one inside the house made Crush rather cocky. Anyway, the raccoons (who were pretending to be Spiderman by crawling across the brick on the back of our house) eventually departed. I'm now very sorry that I didn't get a picture. I doubt we'll be seeing them tomorrow morning, thanks to the snow.

Third, I think the Easter bunny is sad because he knows we are abandoning him. This is the first year where my family has not colored eggs. This is one of Brian's favorite things, it's pretty sad that he doesn't have time to do it this year. Maybe I'll have to get some kits and save them for after he graduates. We also won't get to see my family on Easter, which really bums me out. I'm still going Easter shopping with my mom tomorrow, but it kind of feels like I'm cheating the system since I won't be there with my parents ON Easter.

So, Easter bunny, I'm with ya. I'm a little sad, too. In four hours it will be April--complete with at least half a foot of snow on my lawn. I'm sorry. But if you need help fending off the raccoons you just let me know. I'll send Crush right out.

2 comments:

Uriona Family said...

we are dying eggs on Friday...want to join us?

P.S. I think some of your lesson got through to Dax...we did an easter egg hunt for FHE with things to remind us of the savoir and Dax kept saying "we had eggs in class with stuff about spring in it." "What was the lesson about Dax?" "I don't know" Then when we started talking about the resurrection he got excited and said "I know that word!"

thederricks said...

Crazy raccoons! Make sure you have a net on your chimney or they may join you inside next time!!!