Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adding Insult to Injury: The Injustice of the Springtime Cold

It's sunny and 60 degrees outside. It's beautiful!

Which, of course, is why I have a cold.

Well, it's probably not directly related. Just about everyone in my office has been hacking and sneezing for months now, but when the weather broke I thought perhaps that I had escaped. That would be incorrect.So, today I am at home, catching up on homework and considering buying stock in Kleenex while the Crush kitty taunts me with his endless napping. Observe.

 At least he's keeping me company.

It could also be that my cold is courtsey of the College of Architecture and their adorable spring break deadline they've inflicted upon our household. I find it rather appropriate that 'dead' is part of that word. I think Brian's earliest bedtime this week has been 1:30 am, and while I can't last as long as he does I'm staying up a lot later than I usually would. The lack of sleep appears to have been the last straw for my body. Then there's my homework, including a computer-generated, impossible-to-figure-out quiz this week, for my added enjoyment. (Side note: I got an A in my first MBA class!)

Spring, I am so glad that you're here at last. I look forward to your rain, your sun, even your insistance that I do something about the flowerbed in the front yard. I apologize for my lack of energy today; please excuse my pitiful attempt at excitement over being outside in a t-shirt. If you would like references for who to snow on out of fustration at my attitude that would be my co-workers and the College of Architecture. I promise I'll be back soon! For now, someone pass the Zicam.

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

You were kind not to mention that the cold could be from the cute little germ carriers you spend 2 hours with on Sunday...

Hope the cookies helped!

Amanda said...

Well, since it didn't show up until Wednesday I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. :)

And yes, the cookies helped. Thanks!