Brian and I met this month in 2006. At Christmas that year I didn't see him--we'd only been on 2 dates by then--but he sent me this text:
"I wanted to send you something cute and cuddly for Christmas but the mail man made me get out of the box!"
It seems like that was forever ago! We've had another great year though. While I couldn't bring myself to send out Christmas cards/letters I thought I'd post on here what we would have shared with everyone about this last year.
Brian has had an awesome year at school and has been asked to TA during his last semester starting in January. He's looking forward to being able to help teach. He's still working at an architecture firm downtown in SLC and having a great time with it. They sure are keeping him busy! He's looking forward to not having to split his time between work and school anymore. B has taken a special interest in 'green' architecture and energy efficiency in building, which is actually a branch of architecture that you can certify in. He passed his exam and is now a 'LEED Green Associate' capable of having his own projects certified to LEED criteria. We are so excited that he's getting closer and closer to his architecture lisence! He's worked very hard to keep earning internship hours through work and will be starting his exams when he graduates with his Masters degree in May.
My last semester of school was mostly spent building a Moonbuggy as my senior project. I graduated in May with my degree in Mechanical engineering and now work for an aerospace company in Clearfield. I felt very fortunate to find such a great job and it's going very well. I'm getting ready to start an MBA in Janurary, but I'll still keep working full time. I'm looking forward to studying something new while I still have some of my homework skills left!
We've had some pretty fun things happen this year. We enjoyed a great trip to Oregon to visit family, got a kitten who is no longer kitten sized, even won some Disneyland tickets! This biggest thing is our new home, which we are loving. It's in a great neighborhood, we're so glad to be surrounded by such good people. We have been so blessed this year and can't wait to see what the next year has in store!
As I pack up the Christmas decorations today during yet another blizzard we hope that you have all had a wonderful year, a merry holiday and are looking forward to the new year as well. We love you guys!
2 comments:
Brian should give Rick some tips on cute texts to send.... that was tender. Go Brian!
Wow, you guys make the rest of us look bad with all of your accomplishments. :) Good luck with school, if you need any help I'm sure Jeff would love to share his knowledge.
Post a Comment