Well, after a far-to-easy November the snow has arrived. I find it to be especially entertaining while I drive downhill in Bountiful. So far so good though. I especially love when it does it on Sundays so that the plows have all night to clean up before I head for work--which is the case today. Wow did we get a lot of snow. It was just one more reason to hide inside today!
We had a pretty interesting weekend. Brian's grandfather passed away last week at age 94. While it was no fun for any of us it is really a great thing for him. He hadn't been himself for a very long time now. In fact, this weekend was extra educational for me because I learned a lot more about 'Pappy' than I ever knew. This is due to the fact that by the time I met Brian in 2006 Pappy had already had a stroke and had become very quiet. While we always loved seeing his big smile it was hard to comprehend that he didn't recognize most of the people around him anymore; I'm fairly sure that he never actually knew who I was. But in spite of his condition we all loved to have him around and it was hard to say goodbye.
The best part of this weekend was the funeral service yesterday. It was really great to hear such fun stories about Pappy from his sons, including B's dad. Pappy left us with an amazing history, valuable lessons and a profound respect for what hard work can do for you. He was such a balanced individual! Even President Monson had both funny and inspiring stories to share about him as the concluding speaker yesterday. It was also really fun to see how many friends Pappy had, even at 94. Now if I could just remember who all those extended family members are!
While we wish the snow hadn't made quite as grand of an appearance it was really a very nice day. Sad for us, but we're so happy for Pappy knowing that he's not stuck in his 94-year-old body and mind anymore. We have a great example to live up to and look forward to being with him again someday with the added bonus of being able to hear his stories from him and having him know who we are and how much we love him. If you'd like to know a little more you can click here to see his obituary. He was amazing!
In other news, B's final project is due tomorrow. We took today to finish up his model and hide from the snow. It's been such a nice, quiet day. I hope I get all the glue off my fingers soon. A couple years ago B made me a t-shirt that says "WACA" on the front in the College of Architecture font. It stands for "Wives Against the College of Architecture". Truest statement ever. But he only has one semester left! Yay! He has worked so crazy hard, I can't wait for him to be done and be able to just enjoy work. He also just got LEED certified, it's a special exam you take to be able to build 'green' architecture and have it licensed. He's done some awesome stuff this semester, I'm super duper proud!
Finally, I must express to you how much I love having a garage. While we've been pounded with snow I have yet to scrape any off of my car thanks to that fabulous structure. Seriously amazing. Also, Crush doesn't like the snow. Shocking, isn't it? Is it Christmas yet?!?
1 comment:
Happy for Pappy - sorry for the family's loss...
I understand the gratitude one can have for a garage; in our case, shelter from the sweltering Vegas sun in the summers!
And yay for you and Brian! there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
We'll c u all soon for New Years!
oxo
Post a Comment