November went by way too fast. I had a great birthday, complete with several pairs of awesome new shoes. Happy sigh. I got to go with my nieces to see Disney on Ice which was also SO much fun. We always used to go when I was a kid, I just love it. They still serve the same snow cones! It was great to have a little Disney fix for a while. Those Disney park tickets are burning up my fridge door, that's for sure. We even managed to survive Thanksgiving!
Anyway, December. Man is it cold. Although I haven't blogged much lately I must say we've managed to get a lot done. For example, for those of you who didn't see our living room when we moved in it was something like this:
Oh for boring. Brian and I don't really like boring. Plus the entryway was a not-so-lovely shade of yellow (differing from the yellow in the kitchen, by the way). So we decided it must be painted. After spending way too much time picking a paint color here is what we ended up with:
Notice how big the kitty is?!
The fireplace wall is the same color as the entryway:
We're especially liking our new light!
So the painting turned out pretty well. I'm really liking the green with the Christmas decorations, too!
This is how big Crush was when we got him. Aww...
And now he's this!
He really loves to wrestle with Brian. We bought a laser pointer this week that is pretty much the best kitty toy I've ever seen. He goes nuts! We'll have to post a video of it up here soon. We're having a lot of fun with our first pet, that's for sure. I love having someone here when I come home, he's turned into a really good couch cat for me and a play buddy for Brian. So far he's fulfilling all of his job requirements!
In our tiny apartment last year we had pretty minimal Christmas decorations, including a lack of stockings. Not wanting to deprive our parents of our stockings we decided we'd get new matching ones. Then, losing my mind completely, I thought I would make them myself. Ack! Luckily my mom agreed to supervise. I think the result is actually pretty cute.
The best part is that I have little fiber optic lights to go in the collar at the top. I had to find some way to make sewing nerdy! Now if I can just find time to go make the second one with my mom...maybe I'll have Brian make his own! That could be fun...


2 comments:
I love how Brian is like a cat laying on the back of the couch watching TV! HA HA
love to see pics of your new diggs! yay! Hey, I thought you'd like this Walt D. quote: "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."
Post a Comment