Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yup, we're still alive!

Ah, I was doing so well at blogging somewhat regularly. Obviously that is no longer the case! So here's an update on what's happened since, well, June.

I can now have completely dry hair in 8 minutes. Holy cow, it's the best. Anyway, with that out of the way...

I've now been at my new job for four months and just returned from my first business trip. I cannot say that I recommend Heath, Ohio, as a tourist spot although I was told that Longaberger baskets are pretty big there. Which I kind of gathered since their headquarters there was actually an enormous picnic basket. Man, has anyone told Yogi Bear about this place? Anyway, my job is going well. I work with some pretty funny guys, plus I enjoy the comfort of knowing that my dad is sitting right downstairs. I am so lucky to have such a good job, especially right now!

After several months of house shopping, much house debating, weeks of planned packing and one week of panic packing we moved into our first home! We've been in Bountiful for two months now and we're loving it. We are desperately trying to settle on paint colors (the predominant color inside is varying shades of yellow) while we bask in the joy that is central air AND a dishwasher. Perhaps our new comfort level is hindering our decision making skills--not that mine were so great in the first place. We're having a great time getting to know our neighbors and coming up with crazy ideas of what to do with our new home. Believe me, turning an engineer and an architect loose in here will be very interesting!

Brian started his LAST (yay!) year of grad school a few weeks ago. I quickly realized that I was going to be on my own in the evenings a lot. Brian, being an incredibly tolerant person, let me adopt a kitten to keep me company! His name is Crush, after the totally awesome turtle in Finding Nemo. He's pretty dang cute! It's nice to always have someone to come home to, and so far he's living up to his job description of playing and sleeping in my lap. And don't let Brian fool you, he is thoroughly enjoying playing with Crush! So far Crush's major interests are toys, popsicles, grocery bags and feet hiding under blankets.



My little brother is getting ready to head for Argentina for an LDS mission in just a couple of weeks, we are so excited for him! Last week he spoke in church and we got to enjoy a hectic but fun afternoon visiting with lots of friends from Ogden. It was so great to see all the support he had by people around us! I know this is going to be an awesome opportunity for him and I could not be more proud of my lil' bro.

It's been a big and busy summer for us, I can't believe how much changed! It's such a relief to be someplace where we feel like we'll stay for a while, although we miss our friends from the apartments and being so close to the U. I'm missing college life for sure, but I think I'll be back there sooner than I'd like! For now I'll just make my homework choosing paint colors...sigh...

1 comment:

Deanna said...

You sound so busy & happy. Definitely a good combination. Congrats on the job & your new home!