No, really. Monday it was toasty warm and the last few days it feels like, well, October I guess. Still a little bit of a let down, but it is Utah after all. My happy thought is that this winter I have a garage to park in!
Today I painted samples number 7, 8 and 9 on our living room wall. It's starting to look like quite the mix in here. But I think I've found the biggest problem: I was putting up blues, when I subconsciously wanted green. I finally figured it out today and hope that when Brian comes home he'll help me choose between the two I put up today. I'd love to have our living room all painted before I loose interest entirely and my wall is forever covered with 9 varied splotches of green and blue. I'm really out of space to put up any more colors, today Crush jumped and smeared one it was so low. His punishment was being made to put little kitty paw prints on the wall so I could get the paint off of them. He was unimpressed. I AM impressed, because I still have all my fingers.
Lately it has occurred to me that I can fit a normal size Christmas tree in our living room now. Don't get me wrong, people managed that in the apartments, but our furniture layout didn't really allow for something a few feet in diameter to just move in for a month. So we had a cute little 4-footer that turned out very pretty. But now we can have a big one! I went to Tai Pan Trading the other day to look around and found some fun sparkly things to put on our big tree when we find the right one. I'm so excited! By the way, Tai Pan is dangerous. Very, very dangerous. Luckily I'm not that crafty so I was able to resist a lot. Not all, but a lot.
The kitten is loving the cooler weather for one reason: we leave the blinds open in the living room now. They put nice long stripes of sunshine on the couch all afternoon, I'm sure he's wondering why the blinds have been closed all summer. Observe:


Ok, so he'll sleep about anywhere. But he's extra cute in the sun.Brian is just a couple weeks from ending some classes and getting a new one. He's such a trooper to work and go to school at the same time. He's really starting to see the end of the tunnel now, he's so close! Soon he'll know what his LAST studio project EVER is. I can't believe it. The entire time I've known Brian he's been in the architecture program. I am NOT going to miss that building! Although, compared to other years, I've hardly been there at all this semester. But still.
So it's really fall now. Unfortunately fall around here doesn't last long enough. But it's almost pumpkin carving time!!! Brian and I are going to a costume party at the end of the month so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. He's not excited.
2 comments:
I HAAAATED painting! haha. Best of luck on your paint project!!!
And I don't normally consider myself a "cat person," but yours is darn cute!
Hope life is treating you well, missy!
How fun! I was thinking we should do a pumpkin carving night sometime soon!
Post a Comment