So I've seen a few people do this now and I think it's kind of fun to look back. Here's some quick shots at where I was for the last decade! I may be off a year on some of these, I tend to think of things more in school years than calendar years. But I'm close enough.
2000: Attending Highland Middle School, except for my math class which 8 of us had to go to the high school for every morning. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the annoying kid in our group get thrown in the garbage our first day at the high school as 8th graders.
2001: Won a Disney cruise in a Rasin Bran box. I still don't like Rasin Bran though! Finished middle school and started at Ben Lomond HS. This was the last year of Nutcracker for me, three total starting in 1999--Party Girl and two years of soldier (Trumpeter and Rifleman). Best dance experiences I ever had.
2002: Made the drill team and concert choir. Vowed never to eat lunch in the cafeteria again and promptly made friends with juniors who could drive, leading to lots of Taco Bell trips so my friend Justin could use his 100 free tacos!
2003: Second year of drill team. Lots of choir time, including dancing in Bye Bye Birdie whilst singing and trying not to keel over. Learned to drive myself so that I didn't have to go to Taco Bell anymore. Got my first car, my Civic! It lives to this day!
2004: Decided that drill team was too stressful and switched to cheerleading for my senior year, leading to more injuries than I'd ever had in 15 years of ballet and jazz. Ha! Played "Lucy" in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown at BL. Had to put makeup on my purple knees every night of that show thanks to a cheer stunt gone wrong. My choir teacher finally caved and let me cheer AND be in chamber/show choir even after I kept showing up injured.
2005: Ended senior year with choir tour to Disneyland and the Future Business Leaders of America national competition in Walt Disney World. Took 2nd place in my event, making this the only Disney trip where I came home with more money than I showed up with. Graduated from BLHS and moved to SLC for college at the U of U. Learned to love dorms, but hate Chemistry with a passion. Also learned that a B+ in college is ok with me!
2006: Sophomore year of my engineering degree. Lived in an awesome old house in Officer's Circle at Fort Douglas as my dorm. Performed with Encore, a show choir at the LDS Institute at the U. Met awesome friends who love Disney as much as I do, then met Brian that December in a grocery store. 'Do I know you?' was his opening line! Smooth, isn't he? He maintains that this was an honest question. His brothers don't agree.
2007: Brian and I did homework. A lot. Got engaged on one of many Disneyland trips. Interned at HAFB which was the longest two months ever! Rode a Segway. Functioned on less sleep this year than any other time, still amazed that I was able to do it. Junior year of college was nuts!
2008: Brian graduated from the U of U, we got married, went on a cruise with Mickey, moved to student apartments.I interned with ATK and returned to the U as a very relieved senior, glad that the previous year of insanity was over. I moved four times this year, ugh!
2009: I graduated from the U of U and started a new job, we adopted a kitten and moved into our first house! My lil' brother started his mission in Cordoba, Argentina. I was also admitted to graduate school to earn my MBA.
I think I just realized how long a decade really is! Whew!
2 comments:
The raisin bran win is hilarious! I guess I can't tell my kids entering those things is a waste of time anymore!
Fun memories! It is fun to read about your life before we knew you!
Post a Comment