Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Searching for 'New'...

I've been told I need to update my blog.

Trouble is, I can't really peg anything as fun as Disneyland to write about. So I've been uninspired. But there have been a lot of good little things, so off we go...

The evil roses that had taken over our front yard are gone. My awesome dad used a 6' iron bar to pry the nasty roots out and Brian surprised me by taking an afternoon off work to put down multiple layers of ground cloth and some awesome pebble rock that looks awesome with the siding. I was so excited to come home to that! (Even if it also meant coming home to an exhausted, sweaty, blistered hubby. He's so good.)

Did you know Crystal Light makes popsicles? Yummy, 15 calorie popsicles. Finally my favorite post-gym treat won't ruin my gym efforts!

Speaking of the gym, the classes that are turning into habits (ever so slowly) are Zumba and water aerobics. My neighbors and I are having fun going together, especially to the sillier water classes. Aqua Kickboxing? Really? Not a great workout, but it was extremely entertaining. And better than my usual version of swimming...sitting in the sun by the pool.

Brian's job is pretty crazy at the moment, he's been working 12 hour (or more) days all week to meet a deadline. But last week he got to golf twice, once even for work, so I suppose it evens out. We also went to his summer work party last week, which is always fun. They get a couple of professional face painters for the kids (yes, I was tempted...no, I didn't get one) and an ice cream truck that drives up to the park (Big Sticks!). After we went up to the outlets in Park City, where I found this:


No, not the kitty. My hat. I thought it was just too fun to pass up, especially now that we know so many people with swimming pools. B wasn't really sold on the look (although clearly Crush thinks it's interesting), but then I added these:


And then he was convinced.

So there you go. Not anything big (I'd hate to update just to tell you I had chocolate chex for breakfast...which are great, by the way) but some fun stuff nonetheless.

If anyone is willing to let me come wear my hat and lounge by their pool, just let me know. :)

2 comments:

eduffles said...

Manda!!! ZUMBA and WATER AEROBIC! How fun is that!! I wish they had those options here, both of which I too would take. I attempted traditional swimming yesterday, just to still have water in my ears today. No good.

Regarding your hat -- please wear it!! Such an awesome look for you!! I love hats, and love people who wear them too!!!

xoxo

Jon and Bre said...

I love Zumba!!! So fun! where do you have a gym pass to?