I get to work by 7:00 am. This requires leaving the house by 6:30 am. If I have to wash my hair, this requires getting up at 5:30 am. What happens when you use a straightener on your hair at 5:30 am? Yeah, you try to burn your ear off. At least the cute hair covers it. If only said hair would help with the burning/itching of the blister that is now on said ear. (It should also be pointed out that the ability of the straightener to burn me in .0036 seconds is a perk, because that means it's hot enough to deal with my hair in record time.)
| Please note that the picture does not do the earring (or the blister, which is up fairly high on my ear luckily) justice. AND, in keeping with the topic, my parents suffered a 10 hour flight listening to a screaming child to get those earrings. And they rock. |
Or take these for example. I love them. They're red, slightly shimmery and the perfect height for a vertically-challenged individual such as myself. I wish I'd had them when I walked at the U of U, I never did find the perfect pair of red heels for that occasion. However, if I had owned these, I probably would have killed myself going up and down the stairs in the Huntsman Center. Patent leather pumps are not giving in any way. The optimal walking distance of the shoes below is from the car to my desk. But oh, how I love them.
My final example is Zumba. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it on here before, but it's killing me. However it does appear to be counteracting the chocolate, so I guess I can't complain. I had no idea that Lady GaGa fit into the category of Zumba, but according to my teacher she does. The poker face song will remind me forever of my legs protesting the 1,352 lunge during the 3,267 chorus of 'Pa pa pa pa pa pa poker face'. It just keeps going, and going, and going...
Beauty is pain, but I think it's worth it. When we went to conference on Sunday and were talking to Elder Scott he told Brian twice how cute I was. And we all know what high standards sweet, older gentlemen have for cute shoes. Ha!
In other news...
I am one class away from hitting the halfway mark on my MBA (woo!) and Brian is getting ready to take his first (there are seven) test for his Architect license.
My brother has been on his mission for over a year, so it's all downhill now! We're excited to talk to him again at Christmas.
I've been teaching the Sunbeams almost a year now. Every week Brian tells me he can't believe how big they are, and it's so true. I started with little 3-year-olds and now they seem so grown up! And, based on some of their mannerisims, 4 years old is the new 16. They crack me up!
Halloween is upon us, which brings Brian's love of carving pumpkins and his hatred of dressing up. We'll still do both.
It's been raining. I love fall rain.
It's time to start coercing Brian into telling me what my birthday present is. He claims he's picked it already, but that may be just to drive me crazy.
My parents went to a bunch of different places including Venice, Rome and the pyramids in Egypt. I'm almost over being jealous now. The earrings helped. I suppose they earned it--it was their 30th anniversary. Brian is already afraid of what I'll come up with in 27 1/2 years from now.
We're going to a dressy work dinner for Brian's company tonight, so I better go put bandaids on my pinky toes and carefully touch up my hair with the flat iron.Hopefully I'm better at it at 5:30 pm than am.
2 comments:
you are soo funny!! Love the heels!! and zumba... love it!! haha. Too bad the gym close to my house only offers Zumba on the days that I have school. LAME
I can definitely empathize with the beauty = pain sentiment. For example, the other day...
oh wait. nevermind.
Post a Comment