Towards the end of April, as Brian finished his graduate degree, he started to go a tiny bit crazy. He was sleep deprived, forgetting things, stressed and exhausted. He finally looked at me and started this conversation:
B: "We need to go on vacation."
A: "Ok, where do you want to go?"
B: "I don't care."
A: "Are you sure?"
B: "Lets go to Disneyland."
I love that boy.
So, after volunteering to get our free tickets we packed up, left my cousin with the kitten (thanks Nicole!) and headed for California. Oh wait, first we chopped up our fallen cherry tree from the SNOW that came in May (thanks Dan and Nate for extracting the remains from our yard, the neighbors were jealous of your tools!) and then we went on vacation.
This was our first trip to Disneyland all by ourselves, so it was pretty weird to be able to just do whatever we wanted. We got up early for the rope drop (Brian LOVES this), we took long afternoon naps, we ate way too much ice cream. We did things Brian had never done, set our own pace and enjoyed four whole days of sunshine. We went to see Brian's favorite show "Turtle Talk" with Crush the turtle every day we were there.
Disneyland's theme this year is "Celebrate Today!". We had SO much to celebrate! We celebrated Brian's graduation (I made him try on the grad hat). We sat in the VIP car on the train and had special seats for Fantasmic (they gave us dessert too, although Brian said the chair alone was worth the entry fee). For our second anniversary (how crazy is that) we had lunch sitting right on the water in the Blue Bayou (where a boat full of girls flirted with Brian in passing, including a big "I love you!" shout as they turned the bend...I can only assume they thought he was Matt Damon). We snagged a balcony for Billy Hill and the Hillbillies and laughed ourselves silly at the faces they were making at us. And before we left we got huge ice cream cones and went to sit all on our own, on our bench, on the balcony of the train station where Brian proposed during the fireworks almost 3 years ago.
It was a great trip and a much needed break. Now, back to real life!



3 comments:
Love the pictures of your trip to Disneyland! Glad you guys had fun!
I shouldn't be saying this since I just got back from a great trip, but I'm so jealous.
LOVE. Makes me want to
a) Celebrate Today
b) Get the next flight to Disneyland
Post a Comment