And by "home" I mean "Disneyland", of course.
This was a very different Disneyland trip for us. First of all, it was an absolute madhouse--it seemed like every human in the free world had gone to Disneyland. I don't blame them, but it would've been nice to have a little more breathing room. But we are early risers at Disneyland anyway, so we always had a few good hours in the morning while everyone else was sleeping in after being in the park till midnight. That was another weird thing, I couldn't make myself stay in the park past about ten. I was just too tired! (I think Brian secretly LOVED this new part of me.)
The hardest part though was the things I had to say no to. No Indy, no mountains, and (gasp) no new Star Tours. That was pretty sad. But I did get to ride the new Little Mermaid ride, Pirates, Soarin' (my favorite I think) and eat lots of yummy food. As an added bonus, my cousin Nicole was proposed to by her curly-haired boyfriend on this trip, which was very fun! It is, after all, not a bad place to propose in my opinion.
After preparing so much to go on this trip (vacationing the week before Christmas isn't easy and we DO NOT recommend it!) it was such a relief to get somewhere that really felt like Christmas. This trip held a lot of firsts, but mostly it was fun to take in all the decorations and atmosphere while we imagined the first trip we'll take with the kiddo when he arrives! (Thank goodness he's a boy, I can put off that huge line to meet the princesses for a few more years.)
I think the little dude already likes Disneyland, by the end of the trip I could feel him wiggling around in approval. Probably too many sugary churros!
No comments:
Post a Comment