Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Fever

First off, thanks to those of you who have already donated to the Relay for Life! We are so excited to go do that. If you haven't yet it's not too late! Check out our nephew, Eli, and our team page for the Relay for Life to donate! Thank you!

Well, my Valentine's Day daisies are finally giving up...which means it's time for spring. Thankfully we are now just one week away from our spring break, even if Weber State is out already. Oh well. Utah is taunting us as it always does this time of year with warm, sunny days quickly followed by scraping snow off my car.

This is the time of year I really wonder why people think it's so great to live here.

Normally we'd run away during spring break but I'm about this close --> <--- to finishing my senior project so we'll be sticking around this time. Since we'll be here I decided it was time to do something for our apartment; the beige invasion is starting to get to me. What's worse than beige paint? Beige paint on cinder blocks. Yeah. So tonight B and I went to Home Depot and picked so many paint chips that I wasn't sure they were going to let us out of there with them all; the number was partially due to the fact that Bher makes DISNEY paint and so they were named things like 'Tigger's Tummy" and "Donald Orange" which I obviously had to take home regardless of how irrelevant the actual color was. The Home Depot gal was probably hoping that we'll come back to buy gallons of paint to do a whole house, but we have two words for her:

"Accent Wall"

You see, evidently the U is very attached to the, er, lovely color that they've painted all the apartments. Consequently, no matter how awesome we make it look we have to paint it back before we leave or pay the maintenance guys to do it which, rumor is, isn't cheap. So we're going to at least start with one wall. For the few of you that have been here, it's the wall on the east side, where our entry door is. We're considering doing some kind of texture, two-color deal. Apparently B helped do something like this for one of his sisters a long time ago. Times like this make me glad B is so artistic, yet wishful that the artistic-ness wasn't quite so time consuming and messy. Anyway, when I get some daylight in here tomorrow I'll try to post a picture of our paint finalists so everyone can vote or something. I know you're all just dying to see what "Love's First Kiss" looks like, but sadly it has already been deemed too pink by Bri. He said that about several, actually.

I know, I was shocked too!

So...here are our finalists! The numbers match the pole on the right -->
Remember, we're probably going to use two that are kinda similar to do some textured stuff.


Speaking of the hubby, it's almost his birthday! He's going to be 25 in less than two weeks. Scary, is it not? I'm thoroughly enjoying the teasing, but have also told him he needs to decide on his "quarter life crisis" so we can do something fun. We decided mid life is too far away, so we'll do quarter life crisies. Besides, then we get to have more! He's a lucky duck, his birthday is always on spring break, so we'll get to play for his big day. After that we are officially on the good side of the semester!

Yay!

No comments: