Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Good Side of Spring Break

May I just say, thank goodness spring break is over.

No, really. I'm very serious. It was way too long, filled with way too much to qualify as a 'break' and involved far too many cuts and bruises without enough sleep and playing to make it worth it. But get this:
  1. The Moonbuggy is done and in the mail
  2. My midterms are done
  3. My projects are done
  4. My apartment is painted Tinkerbell and Key Lime
  5. My toe no longer appears to be broken
I'm pretty happy, to say the least. A week from Friday we'll be racing in Alabama and our Senior Project will truly be over--we'll just show it off at the end of April to complete the class. Woo! This is following a solid week of 8 hour plus days working on it over the break. May I just say that the senior design room has a particularly stellar first aid kit. And the day we finished? Yup, it snowed. Makes riding a little harder, and a lot less fun. Oh well. Then yesterday when we were supposed to ride the construction workers on campus managed to hit a natural gas line and successfully caused all of campus to be evacuated and closed for the rest of the day, which is more than three feet of snow has ever been capable of.

Sigh.

So the Moonbuggy went this morning with less practice than we would've liked, but we'll deal with it. It's done and it works! It also works in the snow, as we discovered this morning.

Saturday...with nice weather

Today...with Utah weather

B was my hero over the break and got everything moved around our living room so we could paint. Ironically, we chose green. No, that wasn't in the paint chips that I posted online. We had ruled green out but then changed our minds. Soo....here's what we got!


I really love it, it makes that room so much more cheerful. B is really pleased with the two-tone effect, but you can't really see it in pictures. It was while sneaking around painted wall/moved furniture that I managed to bash my toe into the wall so well that it was taped for several days (also, not fun on the Moonbuggy). But the purple finally faded and today the littlest piggy is happily tape-free. This is great because I no longer have to get tape from the previously mentioned first aid kit at school.

For B's birthday last week I surprised him with a night away from our mess of an apartment (the middle of painting + lots of dishes = very very bad) with a night at Anniversary Inn. I get a killer discount for work so we decided a while back that we should pick a crazy room and try it out just for fun. Seriously, these guys are themed to the extreme. Some are just frilly and 'romantic', which didn't sound like us, so I chose 'Swiss Family Robinson'. There were two appeals to this room:
  1. Waterfall shower
  2. Bed in a tree
Yup, I opened the door and Bri just burst out laughing. We had a great time watching our usual Thursday shows--The Office and 30 Rock, as well as the Pres. getting himself into trouble on Leno as a bonus--eating cheesecake and laughing at the work of sculpture that was our shower/tub. It was a lot of fun to just get away for a night, although I'd never pay full price for it!

So we now find ourselves on the 'good' side of spring break. School still has six more weeks, but they're usually pretty low key. Next week I order a cap and gown and fly to Alabama, then just a month of classes only two days a week. Dude, that's only like eight days of classes. See my wicked math skills I've garnered from my higer education?

Yeah, I know. I am SO ready for the real world. Haha, right! Seems irreversable now though, so we'll just have to roll with it.

Finally, I was turned on to this cute site called Wordle. Look at the cute things it makes!

No comments: