Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I must say, I prefer two things about Valentines this year.
  1. It's on a Saturday
  2. Brian doesn't have some stupid Architecture thing
Granted, number 1 is no longer such a big deal compared to high school days. I used to hate going to school watching girls walk about with some ridiculous bunch of balloons all day long. The engineers rarely have that problem though. Number 2 is a much more impressive feat. Our first Valentines day Brian was on an Architecture day trip to the Salt Flats (romantic, I know) and didn't get back till about 10:00 pm. Last year he just had homework, which seems tame compared to the field trip torture. My gift last year made my feelings about the Arch program perfectly clear; I got my WACA T-shirt. Wives Against the College of Architecture. B decided that being the fiance was enough qualification. After making my shirt, complete with the college logo, he had many requests for the graphic so the guys could make one for their own wives.

The last few days have kind of all been Valentines-ish. Thursday we caved and exchanged presents, while my adorable daisies decided to drop in yesterday. This morning we made crepes, which is pretty much how every morning should start.

For Brian's birthday two years ago I made him a Build-a-Bear friend. He is a turtle, dressed up as a ninja = Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. It went along with his present of going to see the movie (which, by the way, you can totally skip). Anyway, I'd been hinting for a while that Squirt (the turtle) wanted a buddy. Brian correctly interpreted this to mean that Amanda wants a Build-a-Bear. After successfully hiding a very large, house-shaped box in our apartment for a full 24 hours we decided that we didn't want to wait until Saturday to open presents. So Brian got a new Blu-Ray (Batman Begins) and I got Flopsy!


The only bad Valentines gift is the weather this morning. In the last 30 minutes we've escalated from flurries to full-blown whiteout. Ugh. Flopsy is so not dressed for Utah. Oh well, we're probably just going to play Wii all day anyway. We don't want to go out with the crazies who are willing to brave snow and the waits at resturaunts on Valentines day! I guess I could do the dishes though...nah.

Have a great day everyone!

*Update*
We just got takeout from Pei Wei, which is how PF Changs trains their chefs. Holy cow it was good, and about half as expensive! AND I did the dishes :)

1 comment:

Launi Walker said...

#1- TMNT is the only movie I have ever slept through in the theaters. Just put my head back and enjoyed.

#2- I agree, every morning should start with crepes. Do you ever make them into blintzes? Mmmmmm.

#3- Grrr. I can't remember :)