Monday, February 9, 2009

Girl Weekend!

Let me say this first: I love my little brother. He is absolutely the best.

With that said, he is a boy. He would never go have a pedicure with me or go shopping, which is why I so thoroughly enjoy the fact that B came with six sisters/sisters-in-law. This weekend the out of town sisters came all by themselves. That's right, everyone. No kids! So the daddies all stepped up on Saturday while the girls escaped for massages, pedicures, lunch, shopping and dinner (we let the boys come for that part).

What a fun day! My toes are decidedly summer, green with flowers, but due to the snow today B and I are the only ones who get to enjoy the silliness. I also have pink fingers! After jeans shopping with my more fashion-apt sisters I am now incredibly self conscious about each and every pair that I own...I may have to go shopping for me next time! Our nieces and nephews are so much fun, but I know it was easier for 30 pairs of jeans to be tried on without them. Some of them are so small they would have been lost in the piles!

I'm still a slightly shocked when all the Derrick siblings are in the same place, but it's slowly becoming easier. Plus it's really fun to see how happy B's parents are to see that we all get along! As my new sisters pointed out this weekend, I (and B) am pretty darn lucky when it comes to the in-laws! We're already planning a trip to Oregon in June (see Eli's post) and are threatening to escape to Arizona in the fall. I'm also hearing the 'D' word being thrown around as the next mass vacation by the keepers of the princess nieces, which pretty much makes me bounce up and down in my chair at the mere thought.

And if you don't know what the 'D' word is then you clearly don't know me at all!

3 comments:

Launi Walker said...

I know the D word :) I'd like to go this spring/summer.

Thanks for a great weekend. I had a wonderful time.

Lindsay Mecham said...

Amanda, you're so cute! I am glad you had a fun time!!

Kati said...

I love girl days! I can't even imagine trying on that many pairs of jeans, though. (I'm self-conscious of mine lately too...)