Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And We're Done!

Ok, NOW we are done.

Whew! Brian gave his final presentation yesterday, so we went to dinner to celebrate. When we got home (at seven o'clock) he promptly went to bed. Thank goodness our nephews called and agreed to play Mario Kart on the Wii with me. I would've been so bored! However, I was justly punished for my idleness--those guys beat me thoroughly. They have a knack for being sneaky and choosing the courses with no walls, so that I fall off the course multiple times in a lap. Eli (nephew) always says to go easy on him...little does he know that I am so very bad at it that I should be the one looking for a handicap!

It's that time again...Disneyland! My brother and cousins are actually going to drive to Disneyland the same time we are, so we might bump into them. Obviously they have learned from my great example that college fun means driving to Disneyland as often as possible. I'm excited for them to get to make this trip. None of us have ever been at Christmas time, so we're all pretty excited.

I'm very curious about who decided that this time off from school was a 'break' or 'vacation'. After we speed back from Disneyland we'll be five days away from Christmas! That means cleaning, wrapping and lots of driving between Ogden and SLC. Last year I felt like I needed a break because Christmas made me tired, not school! Hopefully we will deal with fewer blizzards this year...last time around I spent about twice as many hours driving as I should have thanks to Utah's uncanny ability to dump snow exactly where I need to be. Cute, huh?

About the time we're driving home this weekend the rest of our family will be following us in. My out of towner aunts and uncles as well as B's older sisters. We're so excited to get to see everyone over the next month!

For now, I'm going to go wait in the car. We're only 10 hours away from leaving. I need to be ready.

No comments: