I think we actually made it through the whole process without any carpet causalities, despite our best efforts to make a mess. This is a large improvement on previous years where we have colored the sidewalk, patio furniture and (as a consequence of coloring the patio furniture) Brian's shorts.
We actually have some killer egg coloring tools as well, including Q-Tips, bunny-shapped scissor-like egg picker-uppers and, the most impressive, a contraption that will hold your egg at either end so you can spin it around and paint every possible spot without touching it. Oh yes, Brian uses them all.
The egg coloring is proof that my cousins and I aren't particularly in a hurry to grow out of some holiday traditions--especially those where candy and/or presents are concerned. Here's a shot of one tradition that my parents aren't done with yet, despite repeated requests from us to NOT wear the ears.
The egg coloring is proof that my cousins and I aren't particularly in a hurry to grow out of some holiday traditions--especially those where candy and/or presents are concerned. Here's a shot of one tradition that my parents aren't done with yet, despite repeated requests from us to NOT wear the ears.
After torturing poor Ziggy by putting both pairs of ears on him multiple times we decided it was probably time to get cleaned up.
Easter Egg Lesson #3: No, we will not take those home with us. They're for my parents to enjoy, not to stink up my fridge!
The most entertaining Easter Bunny delivery was by far the custom sparkly Hula Hoops that came for me, my Aunt Patty and cousin Nicole. We spent a lot of time laughing at each other hula-ing, trying multiple hoops and finally making Ziggy jump through them. We tried to get B's parent's dog, Daisy, to do the same thing later but it was more like us handing her through and then cheering, hoping that she'd decide it was fun enough to do on her own; evidently it was not.
We headed back to SLC for the evening to celebrate Derrick family birthdays which, I swear, we do every ten minutes! It was so fun to see the little girlies (and Caleb!) in their sweet Easter clothes. We hope everyone had a great Easter!
Oh, just in case you were wondering, 25 days to graduation! I'm getting ready to send announcements, so if you want one be sure to let me know. Thanks!
We headed back to SLC for the evening to celebrate Derrick family birthdays which, I swear, we do every ten minutes! It was so fun to see the little girlies (and Caleb!) in their sweet Easter clothes. We hope everyone had a great Easter!
Oh, just in case you were wondering, 25 days to graduation! I'm getting ready to send announcements, so if you want one be sure to let me know. Thanks!
1 comment:
It looks like y'all had a lot of fun! And may I add, I love your skirt/outfit. Happy Easter!
Post a Comment