Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ski Utah and Sandblasting

Presenting...the first real snow!It started as just a sprinkle this morning, but the Great Salt Lake decided that it simply wasn't good enough. So it obliged the skiers and created over 2' of lake effect snow up in the mountains. Sweet! And the best part is that the ground is still so warm that we didn't have to walk on snowy sidewalks or scrape layers of ice off the car. But no worries, the universe will have plenty more opportunities to give us that, uh, pleasure.

The little bro and I went to the U of U Health Fair last week, picking up the college student essentials: free candy, key chains, magnets, etc. One of my stops was an entry for a drawing at a medical spa, and I actually ended up winning a treatment called 'microderm abrasion'. Hmm. Well, it's free, so why not? I went today and learned some interesting stuff. I'm Type II skin, based on eye color, hair color, skin tone, freckles and something else I don't remember. I also have no idea what Type II actually entails--maybe it's got something to do with my total neglect of my skin in general. We have an agreement that as long as it behaves I won't cover it in any makeup. It works for us. Anyway, the technical defination of microderm abrasion is actually this: a teeny tiny sandblaster/vacuum that (supposedly) buffs the old dead skin off to help the healthy skin underneath. Brian was surprised at this explanation. "Hunny" he said, "I could have done that for you in the shop at school." Riiiight. So I now appear to have miraculously procured a sunburn during the blizzard that was our day. Interesting. We'll see how it looks tomorrow, it feels pretty good now though. Actually, I was kinda glad when she stopped. It didn't hurt, but it wasn't exactly a massage either. I'm just not sure it's something I'd want to pay for on a regular basis!

No comments: